Sunday, June 15, 2014

Replaced by a Computer

I chose to respond to this week's media collage prompt.  I will try to let the image speak for itself, but I'd like to point out that I used some metaphor and metonomy.  Metaphorically, I used some "cookie-cutter" looking teachers next to a blackboard to express the limits of top-down lecture classes.  The red "X" represent the concept of "deletion."  Each of these teachers can be replaced by a computer.  However, there is still a human element to teaching via computer, and in the center I featured a teacher who wisely uses digital media to connect to variety of other students and teachers.  The metonomy here is that the red arrows represent connectivity.  All images were found on Flickr used by permission through CC license.  I only used images that were allowed to be altered.


No comments:

Post a Comment